Friday, November 7, 2008

A bone-chilling experience

By Theresa Perrini
Guest Writer

The “Walk of Horror” is put on each year by the Saint Mary’s University Softball team. Here is a recount of my experience of it:
Read more...


“Going into the Haunted Forest on Halloween night, I thought to myself, ‘I can handle this.’ Since I had gone last year, I figured I knew what to expect; oh how I wish that was the case. As I huddled around with my fellow volleyball teammates, I was able to stay calm, reassuring them that I had already done this before.

However, the moment we entered into the dark forest, my nerves started to erupt. Not being able to make clear each object I saw to the side, I clenched the rope and the jacket of the person next to me. As we started walking down the path, I started regretting being toward the end of the line.

Then out of nowhere a person jumps out at me, then another, then another and I scream for dear life because I have no idea what is coming next. I tried to continue to walk with my head buried in the coat of the person in front of me to avoid any unexpected scares. I finally got a moment to take a breath and then another person jumped out at me.

Eventually I was able to calm my nerves and just continue to walk through it. I told myself that it will eventually come to end. So yes, I made it through another haunted forest, and again at the end my heart was pumping faster than anything until I calmed down. I survived; that is all I can say.”

The money earned from the “Walk of Horror” covers the SMU Softball team’s travel expenses.

No comments: