Friday, September 25, 2009

Cardinal Profiles: Quentin Moore and Gia Puch

By Andrea Allis
Cardinal Staff

What made you decide on SMU as your college choice?

Quentin Moore (cross country): I chose SMU because of the closeness of the small community and the solid education program. I also knew I wanted to continue running after high school, and SMU provided me with that chance. And I thought the bluffs were awesome too.

Gia Puch (golf): I decided on SMU because I am a very outdoorsy person, so the bluffs attracted me right away. I also like the small class sizes and the atmosphere that the community brings, not to mention a chance to play sports!


What is your favorite part about SMU athletics?

Quentin: My favorite part about SMU athletics is how close we all are as a team. I have made some great friends running track and cross country here. I think that Saint Mary’s is an awesome place to develop as an athlete.

Gia: My favorite thing about SMU athletics is the relationships I have with all my teammates and coaches, the intensity of the competitions and the free food.


What is your favorite athletics moment?

Quentin: My favorite athletics moment was at the 2009 MIAC Indoor Track and Field Championships. I ran the mile leg of the Distance Medley Relay with Benton Kodet, John Vallez and Curt VanAsten. We ended up taking 5th (after hoping to take 8th) and it was one of the coolest, most fun races I have ever been a part of.

Gia: My favorite athletics moment was making a buzzer-beater shot to win a basketball championship game by one point while the whole school was watching.


Who is your favorite professional athlete?

Quentin: My favorite professional athlete is Lance Armstrong. That guy has more guts and determination than any other athlete I’ve seen. Not everybody can overcome cancer. He did, and has won the Tour de France seven times.

Gia: My favorite professional athlete is Adam Burish from the Chicago Blackhawks because of his work ethic.

No comments: