Thursday, November 8, 2007

What are your plans after graduation?

By Alli Hill
Cardinal Staff

Jobs. Careers. These are two words that play through a senior’s mind during their last year, especially when every other person asks you, “What do you plan to do after college?”
Read more...


No two seniors are going to have the same answer to this question. Some will be going off to get their master’s. Some will be going off to medical school or law school. And then there are some, like me, who will be trying to put what they have learned in their classes to good use in employment.

This does not mean I know where that will be. I can’t even pinpoint that place to one area of the state. When I attended the Job Fair at Winona State, a recruiter asked me what location I wanted to work at. My response was, “Anywhere you want me to be.”

I find myself being put into this desperate state of mind because I want to know what I will be doing in six months. Actually, if I could, I would fast forward my life to that point. I feel that this senioritis is starting to affect a lot of my fellow seniors. But we can’t let this happen.

We should all take our time through these next couple of months to think carefully and thoughtfully over what we want to do. Then, hopefully, we can answer that question with a knowing smile.

No comments: