Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hot off the Prez: Counting your blessings

By John Freeman
Student Senate President

The semester is almost over, and Christmas break is sounding sweeter every day.
Read more...

At least that’s the way I feel. Don’t get me wrong, this semester has carried with it a lot of fun times and good memories, but I’ll be glad to be done with my current classes. I find myself thinking this on a daily basis, and I have to consciously tell myself to just enjoy the present and live for that day. As excited as I am for break and for a new semester with new classes to start, I know that there will be a day in my near future where I will want to be back here, in college. Recent tragedies both at Winona State and here at Saint Mary’s have caused me to refocus my thoughts and concerns about life. Life really is a precious thing, and we all take it for granted at times.

My message for this editorial is to encourage everyone to enjoy the present. Take special notice of where you are now, who you’re surrounded by, and be thankful for the things that you do have. Hopefully, if you do take time to do this, this holiday season will bring even more joy to you and your loved ones.

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments: