Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CARDINAL PROFILES

BY SARAH MCDONOUGH
Cardinal staff

Name: Amy Kujak
Class: Sophomore
Sport: Volleyball
Major: Elementary Education
Hometown: River Falls, Wis.
High School: River Falls

Name: Jovenel D’Haiti
Class: Junior
Sport: Soccer
Major: Undecided
Hometown: Evanston, Ill.
High School: Evanston

What made you decide on SMU as your
college choice?

Kujak: I decided on SMU because I knew I really liked the Winona area, but I was not sure I wanted to go to Winona State. I met and talked to the SMU assistant volleyball coach and really liked what he said about the campus and the volleyball program. Once I came on a college visit, I knew this is where I would attend because the people were so nice and the campus just felt
like home.
D’Haiti: My friend Jermaine Walker told me about SMU. I liked the small class sizes. When I came to visit and sat in on a class, I
liked how the professors were hands-on and personal.

What is your favorite part about SMU
athletics?

Kujak: My favorite part about SMU athletics is how close our team is and how the athletics bring a certain buzz and excitement to the campus.
D’Haiti: I like how close our team is. We get together all the time and hang out outside of soccer.

What is your favorite athletics moment?

Kujak: Probably when we (SMU) beat Saint Ben’s during our first playoff match last year. Everyone played so well, and we
were all so happy.
D’Haiti: My freshman year for the first game of the season; I scored the game-winning goal.

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

Kujak: This is a tough one. There are so many amazing and talented athletes, and it is very hard to pick one, but if I had to I
would pick Michael Jordan. His dedication to the game is amazing and his determination
thrilling.
D’Haiti: Kobe Bryant. I’ve been watching him before everybody else started watching him. He is the best basketball player ever, besides Michael Jordan.

No comments: