Friday, April 4, 2008

Offering good food, close location

By Maria Sullivan
Cardinal Staff

If you and your friends are looking for a new place to eat out, try visiting the new restaurant that opened this March: Ground Round Grill and Sports.
Read more...


Ground Round is located on the corner of U.S. Highways 14 and 61, the former location of Beier’s Family Restaurant. For those of you who do not know, Ground Round is a well respected restaurant chain that has 60 locations in 19 states.

When one walks into Ground Round, the environment is extremely welcoming. The restaurant is laid out into two dining rooms; one room is a sports bar lounge with a number of flat screen televisions, and the other room is strictly used for dining purposes.

The new restaurant offers a wide variety of foods for people with different tastes. Some items on the menu include pasta, seafood, soup, sandwiches and a large selection of desserts. Some people would agree that Ground Round has a similar feeling to Applebee’s.

As a college student, it is typical to wonder how much a meal at Ground Round would cost, but it all depends on what you consider expensive. When I ate there with my friends, my bill was close to $20, including the tip. I had a bowl of fettuccini alfredo pasta with chicken, a glass of pop, and an appetizer that I split with two other people.

“I enjoyed the atmosphere. It wasn’t loud – just perfect for enjoying a meal with friends. The food portion was awesome! But prices are a little high for a college student,” said senior Candice Norrell.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Ground Round, despite the high prices. I would definitely go again, but next time it would be for a special occasion. Either way, I encourage you all to visit the new restaurant at least once just for the delicious food.

No comments: