Friday, April 25, 2008

Transition to the ‘real world,’ saying goodbye

By Alli Hill
Cardinal Staff

Our year is coming to an end, and I don’t know about most of you, but that gives me a ton of mixed emotions. I’m feeling sadness to be leaving my friends, regret for the things I wish I accomplished here, and also satisfaction that I have made it to this point.
Read more...


Now comes another transition in our lives: the working world. I know many of us have been furiously searching for a job, and some have been lucky enough to figure out just what they are going to do. All I know is that this is a difficult process.

I think many of us secretly want to find a job that will be absolutely perfect for us, but that just may not happen. All we can really do is follow our hearts and hope for the best. But don’t act too quickly. A job that might not sound so fabulous right now could be just what you need down the road.

Enough about the job talk now. I want to talk a little more about the end. We’re graduating! And it’s that time of year when they have a ton of banquets and events to go to. Take a little time to enjoy what Saint Mary’s has left to offer you. These things are for us to enjoy.

I hope you all had an amazing year. I hope you take the chance to hug your friends one extra time, just for the heck of it. I hope you enjoy these last two weeks, because time will just fly by. One final thought: We made it! Congrats, seniors!

No comments: